Hunts Point Landing – Bronx, New York
Only four years ago, this green oasis among the industrial surroundings of Hunts Point Landing was a dead end street, just behind the city’s Produce Terminal and Fish Market. Hunts Point Landing is a new public open space located at the southern end of the Hunts Point peninsula, adjacent to the former Marine Transfer Station site. Hunts Point Landing includes a new fishing pier, ecological restoration through tidal pools, a kayak launch, and a landscape seating area. Eventually Hunts Point Landing will link up with a series of other parks in the area via bike and walking paths.
Fabrications for Hunts Point Landing include the following:
• Ornamental pier railing along the shore line made from type 316 stainless steel plate, tubing and perforated sheets.
• Ornamental railing along the uplands is type 316 stainless steel posts with cable fittings and hardware.
• Shade structures fabricated from galvanized steel posts supporting galvanized steel perforated sheets with silver finish coating.
• Entry fencing and signage, in type 316 stainless steel, is fabricated flat bar in a cat tail design with location lettering atop the entrance gate.
• Custom fish cleaning table, in type 316 stainless steel, and manual pitcher pump.
• All stainless steel fabrications have a sand blasted finish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmzymSmCG2k – Ribbon cutting ceremony at Hunts Point Landing